Please visit NORMOLIMs three sites for more information on local expertise:
Trondheim – Brain imaging – MR Core Facility – NTNU Leader: Marius Widerøe
Bergen – Cancer imaging – Molecular Imaging Center – UiB Leader: Frits Thorsen
Oslo – Cardiac imaging – Preclinical MR Core Facility – OUS Leader: Ivar Sjaastad
Special imaging methods:
- Manganese Enhanced MR Imaging.
- Multimodal MR combining in vivo MR imaging, in vivo multi-nuclear MR spectroscopy, and ex vivo MR metabolomics of intact tissue samples/biopsies.
- Metabolomics studies using MR spectroscopy with 13C enriched substrates.
- High-resolution MR phase contrast imaging of myocardial strain and motion.
- High-end MRI and ultrasound-based analysis of regional myocardial function combined with advanced electrophysiological and live cell imaging techniques.
- Multimodal imaging (MRI, PET/CT, OI, US) of tumour development and treatment effects on malignant tumours.
- Ultrasound strain imaging and elastography.
- Ultrasound scanning in animal models for IBD and PDAC (microbubbles and sonoporation).
- In vivo time-domain optical imaging of cancer, particularly with discrimination of targeted near-infrared fluorophores from endogenous background or non-targeted probe.